Bharat Serums and Vaccines Limited (BSV) is one of the fastest growing biopharmaceutical companies in India and has been ranked amongst the top 10 Indian biopharmaceutical companies. The Company, founded in 1971, is based in Mumbai, India and has over 1500+ employees.
AN EXCITING START
- Late Dr. Vinod Daftary opens a blood bank.
- Launched an injection that helps women with RH-blood group become mothers.
- Took our expertise one step ahead by exporting polyclonal sera.
- Commissioned a plant in Thane.
- Launched indigenously developed Plasma Fractions
R&D TAKES CENTRE STAGE
- R&D recognition from Dept. of Scientific & Industrial Research, Govt. of India.
- Launched India's first immunoglobulin against pseudomonas infection.
- EU & US FDA approved facility in Germany.
- Started Operations in the Philippines-now a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Manufacturing facility at Ambernath near Mumbai.
- Patent filing started - we have 15 product patents in India & globally.
- Launched recombinant hormone for stimulating ovarian follicular growth to tackle infertility issues.
ON A FAST TRACK
- Frost and Sullivan acknowledge BSV as the fastest-growing biotech company.
- Launched a cure for sepsis and acute pancreatitis.
- 62 products in the domestic market, 32 globally.
SETTING BENCHMARKS IN PATIENT OUTCOMES
- Completed clinical trial of one more flagship product.
- Ranked amongst top 50 companies in the Pharma market by AIOCD AWACS.
- Launched other innovative products to address infertility.
- Ambernath plant gains approval from EU GMP from Halmed & Brazil ANVISA.
- Advent International buys majority stake.
- ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System).
- ISO 45001:2018 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System).
- ISO 14001:2015 (Environment Management System).
- Ranked amongst Top 10 biopharmaceutical companies by Biospectrum.
- Anti-RhoD launched