The executive committee team under the leadership of Sanjiv Navangul, oversees business operations and functions.
Managing Director and CEO
Sanjiv Navangul is a widely recognised and acknowledged professional in the pharmaceutical/healthcare domain. Under his leadership, a host of global pharmaceutical companies have achieved operational success. His mentorship and contribution towards creating and driving a values-based culture is widely acknowledged by business leaders. In his diverse career span of 30 years, ... Sanjiv has experienced entrepreneurship and also served on the board of Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd. India and Fulford India.
Sanjiv has been a recipient of several industry awards on Public Health, Marketing and Diversity. Recently he was recognised as one of the top 100 business leaders in Asia for 2022 by Economic Times. He has served as the Vice President of OPPI (Organisation of Pharmaceutical Producers of India), been a Chairman of AMCHAM Pharma Committee (American Chamber of Commerce). Apart from these commendations, he has served on the Academic Board of NMMIS Pharma Management, IES Management school and IIHMR. He is a Master’s in Business Administration and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
- Managing Director, Janssen India & South Asia (pharmaceutical division of Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd.)
- Managing Director, MSD Pharmaceuticals, Philippines
- Commercial Director, MSD India and South Asia
- Master of Business Administration, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, M S University, Baroda
General Management, Commercial, Marketing and Supply-chain across India - South Asia, Philippines, Russia and Germany
COO - International Operations & Business Development
Rahul Adakmol is a business leader with over 15 years of rich experience in the pharmaceutical industry. His experience spans across Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Medico-Regulatory, Strategy, Global Alliances, M&A, In-licensing and Commercialization of novel biological entities (NBEs)... and has expertise in branded drug, specialty drugs as well as generic drugs. Having successfully led and integrated a few acquisitions and global alliances, his success stems from his well-rounded experience combined with his ability to integrate cross-functions and drive collaboration.
- Vice President – Head, Business Development for Branded Markets – India and Emerging Markets, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Head of Business Development, In-licensing, M&A– India, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Lead, Portfolio Management – Branded Formulations, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Executive Assistant to the MD & COO, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Member of Special Task Force, Jamnagar Refinery, Reliance Industries Ltd
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, UDCT Mumbai
P&L management, Business development, licensing and M&A
Chief Operating Officer - India Business
Alok is a seasoned sales professional and a versatile leader with diverse leadership experience of over three decades. He has been serving the industry as a growth catalyst and is recognised for his agility to adapt business models in response to market demands. ... Alok has a proven track record of successful collaboration with multi-stakeholders and key decision makers. He has managed multi-country & multi-cultural Global/Regional teams in Pharmaceutical/ Biotechnology industry with P&L responsibility for India, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Sri Lanka and Nepal. Prior to BSV, Alok has held leadership positions in esteemed pharmaceutical organizations such as Cadila and Sanofi. Alok is passionate about developing talent and inspiring teams to perform by creating a culture of coaching and mentorship.
- President, Cadila Pharmaceuticals India
- Head, Established Products Business Unit, Multi-Country Organisation, Sanofi
- Strategic Marketing, Indian School of Business
- MBA (Marketing), Institute of Management Studies, University of Indore
- MBA (Finance), Institute of Management Studies, University of Indore
- B Sc. Physics, Mathematics, Statistics- Lucknow University
- Collaborative Leadership
- People Development
- Change and Culture Management
Senior President – Corporate Projects and Supply Chain
Anil Damle is a senior finance executive with over 3 decades of experience in finance, planning, compliance and treasury managements. He has diverse experience in national and international operations in the areas of process improvements, enhancing internal controls, implementation of compliances/SOX audits.... He has managed a wide range of assignments in South East Asia, Australia/New Zealand and South Korea and a large number of task forces have been steered towards efficiency improvement and accounting conservatism under his guidance. An active member of IMA India’s CFO Forum, Anil has also been affiliated to a number of social organisations.
- CFO, Bharat Serums & Vaccines Limited
- Managing Director of BSV Bio Gmbh, Germany
- Finance Head, Fulford (India) Ltd. (An affiliate of Schering Plough, USA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Mumbai University
Treasury Management, Statutory/Internal/Forensic/SOX audits, Compliance execution & training, Active involvements in Installation of SAP & Systems
Senior President - Commercial Excellence & Strategy
Anjan Ghosh is a seasoned business leader with over 33 years of work experience across diverse roles and responsibilities. His experience spans across P&L management, front line sales management, strategic planning, In-licensing / Out-licensing, Alliance management, M&A, ... new market development and new product launches. He has been instrumental in launching and developing blockbuster products such as Imbruvica, Darzalex, Allegra, Januvia / Janumet and Lantus. Having worked across multiple geographies and multiple product lines including animal health, he takes keen interest in building high performing teams.
- Vice President – Commercial, Alembic Pharmaceuticals-Global Speciality, Mumbai
- Director – Commercial Excellence and Specialty Business, Janssen India, Mumbai
- Asia Pacific Regional SFE Manager, Zoetis Inc. (formerly Pfizer Animal Health), Shanghai, China
- Director – Commercial Excellence, MSD India, Gurgaon
- Associate Director, Sales Force Effectiveness, Sales Force Automation, MIS, Sanofi Aventis, Mumbai
- Regional Business Manager, North & West Region, Lantus, New Delhi
- Bachelor of Science, Physics Hons, Calcutta University, Kolkata
P&L Management, Commercial Excellence, Project Management, SFE
Dr. Jaby Jacob
Senior President - Research & Development
Jaby Jacob comes with over 21 years of extensive research experience across organizations in India and the US. He has been instrumental in the development of several biopharmaceutical products including monoclonal antibodies. His work in companies such as Kemwell Biopharma, ... Dr. Reddy’s and AMGEN, includes the development of biopharmaceutical products including biosimilars, management of contract development and manufacturing (CDMO) activities. Strategies for biosimilar drug development for regulated as well emerging markets, process characterization, analytical methods development & validation and technology transfer management have been some of Jaby’s other contributions.
- Vice President, Kemwell Biopharma Pvt. Ltd., India
- Asst. Vice President, Kemwell Biopharma Pvt. Ltd.
- Director, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Biologics Development Center, Hyderabad
- Associate Director, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Biologics Development Center, Hyderabad
- Senior Scientist, Amgen Inc, USA
- Scientist, Advanced Photon Source, Argonne National Laboratory and Illinois Institute of Technology, IL, USA
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory, Chicago, USA
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Department of Chemical Engineering and Institute for Physical Science and Technology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, USA
- Co-author of 24 peer reviewed scientific publications and 2 patents
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Master of Science (M. Sc), Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
Biopharmaceuticals development, CDMO management, Drug development, Regulatory strategy
Chief Human Resource Officer
Nilesh Kulkarni is an experienced HR professional with over 20 years of successful track record in the industry across the Indian subcontinent and Europe. A certified practitioner of MBTI psychometric instrument and Thomas profiling, Nilesh has developed high performing HR teams... In the past, he has supported business outcomes by designing and implementing best in class people practices for leading pharmaceutical companies such as Novo Nordisk, Roche, Sanofi and Novartis.
- Director-People & Organisation, Novo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd
- HR Director for South Asia & Global Lead - Succession & Talent Management Process, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Director-Human Resources, Sanofi Pasteur India Pvt. Ltd.
- Head-Human Resources, Novartis Consumer Health India
- Head-Human Resources (Sales), Sanofi Aventis Group
- HR Function, Voltas Ltd. & Goodyear India Ltd
- Master in Labour Studies, University of Mumbai
- Bachelor of Commerce
HR Business Partnering, Mergers & Integration of Organizations, Organization Design, Succession & Talent Management, Managing Change, Learning & Organization Development, Recruitment, Compensation & Benefits and Industrial Relations.
Chief Financial Officer
Chirag Mehta is a senior finance executive with over 20 years of experience in finance and operations management. He has developed and implemented financial controls and processes in addition to productivity improvements. ... His expertise lie in the core areas of finance and has demonstrated ability to streamline operations and processes that drive growth, protect and enhance value and add to the bottom line.
- CFO, Member of the Executive Leadership, Biological E. Ltd, Hyderabad
- Board Member/Audit Committee Chair, Cipla QCIL, Uganda
- Board Member, Cipla Srilanka
- CFO, Maneesh Pharmaceuticals, Mumbai
- Head, Strategic PLanning and Development and Corporate Communications, Intas Biopharmaceuticals, Ahmedabad
- Head, Project Management: R&D, Intas Biopharmaceuticals
- Head of M&A and Strategic Services, Asset Financial Group - Morgan Stanley, Midwest, USA
- Head-Accounts Payable Audit, Asset Financial Group - Morgan Stanley, Midwest, USA
- Master of Business Administration, Grand Valley State University, Michigan, USA
- Bachelor of Science, Physics, Gujarat University
Finance and Operations management, Corporate Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Audits, Business Controllership, Risk Management, NPPA, Commercial Legal and Central Data Management
Dr. Swashraya Shah
Chief Medical Officer
Dr. Swashraya Shah is an accomplished medic with proven abilities in strategic planning, team building, coaching and project management. He believes in building strong relationships that help deliver better patient outcomes.... He has vast experience in companies such as Alembic, MSD , Astra Zeneca, Elder, Wyeth Lederle and Boehringer Mannheim which spans across medical marketing, regulatory sciences and clinical research apart from the management of teams of technocrats.
- Senior Vice President Medical Affairs, Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Senior Director – Medical Affairs, MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Area Medical Director SEA/ India, AstraZeneca Pharma India Ltd.
- Vice President – Medical & Regulatory Affairs, AstraZeneca Pharma India Ltd.
- Manager Medical Services, Wyeth Lederle Ltd.
- Head – Medical & Regulatory Affairs, Mannheim India Ltd.
- MD (Pharmacology), Grant Medical College & J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- MBBS, Grant Medical College & J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
Medico-marketing, Clinical Research, Regulatory sciences
Chief Operating Officer
Vishwanath Swarup is a business leader with experience across emerging and developed markets. He has led businesses at Dr. Reddy’s, Abbott, Pfizer, Unilever, McKinsey and Max Bupa. ... With a rich experience across the healthcare value chain in the areas of strategy, operations, sales and marketing with the objective of serving patients, he has successfully turned around business operations, managed alliances and developed high performing teams.
- Executive Vice President: LatAm & Global Hospitals, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Hyderabad
- Commercial Director: Abbott India, Mumbai
- Vice-President: Strategy, Transformation & Products, Max Bupa New Delhi
- Management Consultant, McKinsey & Company, Gurgaon
- Manager, Commercial Operations - Pfizer Consumer Healthcare Chicago, USA
- Leadership Development Program, Unilever, Chicago, USA
- Master of Business Administration, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Chicago IL, USA
- Master of Science, The Ohio State University, Columbus OH, USA
- Mechanical Engineering, R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru
Sales & Marketing, P&L Management, Leading large teams
General Manager, Transformation Office
Resham Bagaria has over eight years of management consulting experience with leading projects across corporate strategy, investment advisory and sustainability in different domains and industries. Prior to BSV, she has had consulting stints with Bain & Company, cKinetics and The Smart Cube. She has strategy and finance education background with Bachelors from Shri Ram College of Commerce, MBA from IIM Lucknow and CFA Level 3.